Google
Search WWW Search poopsheetnews.blogspot.com

 
Poopsheet:News
 

 
We've moved! www.poopsheetfoundation.com
 
 
 

Navigate Poopsheet

Home
Shop
E-mail

SNAIL MAIL
Rick Bradford
PO Box 343
Bedford, TX
76095 USA
 
 
Thursday, January 22, 2004
ADHOUSE DEBUTS MONKEY & SPOON IN MAY
 
Monkey & SpoonIn celebration of the Chinese New Year, AdHouse Books welcomes the Year of the Monkey! This May AdHouse Books will continue the "animalia novella" series by publishing Monkey & Spoon by Simone Lia.

Monkey & Spoon explores the relationship of a married anthropomorphic couple in an all-too realistic snapshot of their everyday lives. Can a monkey love a spoon? (and visa versa?)

When asked where her inspiration for Monkey & Spoon came from, Simone replied, "I was thinking about my parents when I wrote Monkey & Spoon. The arguments that they used to have with painful silences and unspoken hurt feelings. I used to have a stuffed monkey and I was thinking of those wooden spoons they used to make in the '70s – I thought it would be funny to give the toys the same human tensions."

In regards to comics across the pond... "The UK comic scene is quite exciting at the moment. Comics are getting supported here with the media and the I.C.A. (the Institute of Contemporary art) has been doing a lot to shine the light on comics and comics artists in the United Kingdom. Comics seem to be the new buzz word rather than being something exclusive for geeks and freaks. I am very excited about my U.S. solo debut, this is very cool and I can't believe this is happening."

Simone Lia has written and illustrated several books for children and she co-founded the UK based Cabanon Press with Tom Gauld in 2001. She lives and works in London.

Monkey & Spoon
by Simone Lia
4-color cover with end flaps
112 pages w/ one spot color
6" x 6" perfect bound
$9.95 US funds
ISBN 0-9721794-5-3
Shipping in May

www.adhousebooks.com


------------------------------------------- [ Link to this item ]
-------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
  Atom Feed
 
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives